You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
About KIPP Delta Public Schools
Arkansas Delta, AR
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Subject: Multiple Subjects
Grade: 9; 10; 11; 12
Organization: KIPP Delta Public Schools
Preferred Locations:Blytheville, AR; Helena, AR
KIPP Delta Public Schools was founded in 2002 when we opened our doors to 65 fifth grade students in Helena, Arkansas. Our ultimate goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in life – and in so doing, prove what is possible in public education. We promised to do whatever was necessary to help our students succeed. KIPP Delta is still making – and keeping – the same promise today. We now lead six schools across the Arkansas Delta serving over 1,300 students and 200 alumni. Since opening, our schools have regularly outperformed local school districts academically, and the work of many of our schools, staff, and students has been recognized on local, statewide, and national levels. To date, 99% of our high school graduates have been accepted into college, and nearly 80% are currently persisting in or have graduated from college. Where We Work
Offering the ease of small town living near cities like Memphis and Little Rock, the Arkansas Delta is the ideal place to live, play, and work. Our schools currently span three locations, and campuses will continue to grow each year to serve all grade levels. In the 2018-19 school year, we will serve the following grade levels:
What We Value & Believe
- Helena Campus – opened in 2002, serves students in grades PreK-12
- Blytheville Campus – opened in 2010, serves students in grades 3-12
- Forrest City Campus – opened in 2015, serves students in grades 5-8
We share an unwavering belief and passion for empowering students from underserved communities to pursue a life of value, joy, and integrity. We believe that when interacting with students, staff, and our community, every staff member should model our core values: High Expectations, Beyond Z (going above and beyond), Humility, and Love and Care. Who We Seek
KIPP Delta welcomes all candidates who strive to balance high expectations with a genuine love for our students, families, staff, and resources. We do this by challenging students, acknowledging their hard work and achievements, and never underestimating their intellect or desire to learn. We seek to create a joyous struggle in all students by planning rigorous lessons while differentiating to meet students’ needs. We know our job has been done well when our students leave our classrooms exhilarated and craving more. We acknowledge this work is hard, and we provide each other with the support and respect needed to fuel this very important effort. Responsibilities
The KIPP Delta teacher role includes (but is not limited to):
Required Education, Credentials, & Experience
- Establishing an exemplary classroom culture that balances high expectations with love and support
- Ensuring all students meet their goals by delivering rigorous and well-organized lessons, closely monitoring student progress, and differentiating in the face of confusion
- Building trust and community via clear and timely communication with students and families
- Acting upon a commitment to do “whatever it takes” to ensure each student has a positive and safe school experience every day
- Supporting student recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Candidates must possess passing scores on the PRAXIS I and PRAXIS II exams in the content area hired for or commit to completing both tests within two months of hiring date.
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally underserved students
KIPP Delta offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience. KIPP Delta’s salary schedule may be referenced here.
Experienced teachers fulfilling a role in one of Arkansas' critical shortage areas (Math or Science) will receive an additional yearly stipend. KIPP Delta is committed to hiring a diverse team and encourages candidates from all backgrounds and sexual orientation. KIPP Delta is an equal opportunity employer.