You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Recruitment Associate - Camden
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: R9 Recruiter
Here’s what you need to know:
We need you to put our students on a path to college early on in their education.
Working at KIPP New Jersey is about being student-focused. It's about teamwork. It's about having fun, and having the freedom to lead in ways that are most successful for your students. It’s also about making an impact in Camden, a city that is experiencing a renaissance and on the verge of revolutionizing how America views education in urban communities.
The KIPP NJ recruitment team ensures that all of our network schools are staffed with high-quality, mission-driven teachers and leaders. Our team's purpose is to provide best-in-class talent services that enables KIPP NJ to attract, develop, and retain the best people.
We are looking for a recruitment associate to support the recruitment team’s endeavors in our growing schools in Camden. You will be responsible for providing logistical and administrative support for all aspects of the recruitment process. This role is your opportunity to tangibly impact the greatest determining factor of a child’s educational success: teacher quality.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Manage candidate outreach communications (i.e. email blasts, job postings, newsletters, blog posts, etc.)
- Conduct candidate searches for critical/hard-to-fill roles (i.e. SpEd, STEM)
- Monitor applicant streams, proactively and creatively source to build candidate pipelines
- Conduct application review and phone interviews, as needed
- Design project plans to organize and execute recruitment events (eg. open houses, career fairs, happy hours, etc.)
- Coordinate candidate and team travel
- Monitor and manage correspondence from recruitment team email inbox
- Support purchasing processes
- Support data tracking and reporting via Salesforce
- Conduct reference check conversations
- Provide onsite coverage for Camden recruiter, as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director (i.e. calendar management, external communications, etc.)
- Support monthly budget management reporting for the operations team
- Create and execute systems for office operational efficiency
- Support with special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-2 years of professional work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized, multi-tasker – manages multiple work streams and proactively prioritizes
- Thorough and detail-oriented – produces high quality work and keeps data up-to-date
- Systematic thinker – finds way to streamline processes and create efficiency
- Grit and determination – strong work ethic with a relentless drive to do whatever it takes
- Team player – works well in a collaborative environment where success is measured holistically
- Humility and openness to feedback – constantly strives to learn and improve
- Commitment to the KIPP NJ mission that all students can succeed
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in diverse urban communities
- Experience working with Salesforce and Coupa
Need more reasons to work here?
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a comprehensive benefits plan, subsidized commuter travel for teammates living in Philadelphia, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.