You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Marketing Content Manager
Here's what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2018-19 School Year
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
We are seeking a savvy wordsmith to join our marketing and communications team. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of education, and experience in content creation to achieve organizational goals. This role will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content internally and externally. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and strong project management skills.Here's what you"ll be doing:
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our organization’s tone and mission. Write clean, concise, well-polished copy that requires little editing
- Create and manage marketing content (e.g. KIPP NJ newsletter, one pagers, email blasts, videos, website copy, blog posts, etc.) to articulate the mission and results of our organization to stakeholders and target audiences
- Collaborate with designers, external vendors, and internal stakeholders to produce relevant content that meets organizational needs and grows our target audiences
- Manage/develop an editorial calendar and manage the partners responsible for hitting those deadlines
- Track content performance across multiple channels, report and communicate key learnings and optimize approach based on findings
- Manage and maintain content for KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami’s regional websites with support; track and report out on website traffic and trends via Google analytics
- Support & strategize regional teams’ growth for social media communities, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Regularly update marketing materials and draft press releases
- Work as part of a team to contribute ideas
Need more reasons to work here?
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field
- 5+ years experience in marketing, copywriting or advertising
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- A strong understanding of education and a passion for our organizational mission
- Exceptional writing and editing/proofreading skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’s various types of content
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts in a fast paced environment
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign) a plus
- Experience with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects a huge plus
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.