You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Here's what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2018-19 School Year
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
The Marketing Coordinator will be a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, helping to promote consistent branding across the KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami regions by assisting in driving our marketing efforts forward, developing key messages, and creating marketing materials to promote our vision and mission. This is an opportunity to develop your career by playing an important role in a growing organization. And we like to have fun, too.
The successful candidate for this role will also be responsible for communicating with schools and other departments within the organization to keep marketing campaigns on track.
Essential FunctionsHere's what you"ll be doing:
- Maintain and support the development of the KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami brands
- Ensure consistent messaging across regions
- Support production of annual report and other large-scale projects like regional events and marketing campaigns
- Light graphic design and video work
- Support management of and drive growth for KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami’s social media presence, particularly via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Support execution of editorial and messaging calendars to drive specific marketing and communications effort
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to support media relations and other communication as needed
- Coordinate with select vendors
- Update and maintain shared resource folder
- Coordinate department budget
- Update and maintain department databases
- Assist with strategic decisions with respect to marketing efforts
Need more reasons to work here?
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dream Weaver, etc.) or other design software
- Ability to proactively prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements
- Experience with web design Content Management Systems (CMS) a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated understanding of social media and email marketing
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, build relationships across teams, and manage multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, and to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks
- Experience with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects preferred
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to our organization’s mission and values
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.