You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Technology Specialist - Newark
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: R9 Recruiter
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a Technology Specialist to provide user assistance and support on a variety of software, hardware, network and IT related requests at our schools in Newark, NJ. In addition, the technician will collaborate with other team members on IT projects; providing growth potential in various technology areas. This position reports to the Technology Supervisor.
The successful candidate will be experienced in communicating effectively with individuals who are both technical and non-technical, in a timely and professional manner both in person and by phone. The objective of this position is to provide an optimal teaching and learning environment for our teachers and staff each and every day. Success is defined by timely and complete resolution of requests and by earning high satisfaction ratings from principals and staff for quality service.
*This position requires the use of a personal vehicle to travel between sites during the business day.
Why join KIPP New Jersey? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join KIPP New Jersey, visit our website here. Here's what you"ll be doing:
- Resolve requests for technical support, prioritizing as necessary when specific priorities are not provided
- Efficiently troubleshoot issues and escalate as needed to the Technology Supervisor
- Document, track and monitor all problem/resolution activity to ensure a timely resolution and great communication
- Set up, maintain, and account for PC/Mac/Chrome desktops and laptops
- Set up, maintain and account for HP printers and Ricoh/Canon copiers
- Support/manage new computer setup including imaging
- Support document cameras, interactive whiteboards and other classroom technology
- Install and configure software applications (Office 365 Pro Plus, Acrobat, etc.)
- Support technology-related campus projects
- Assist in training faculty and staff on systems and applications as needed
- Assist in the hardware warranty repair process
- Support and deploy student computers
- Perform level-one support of network appliances including servers, switches, and wireless access points
- Perform level-one support of networking software and protocols such as VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, and Active Directory
- Part of a b-monthly rotation to provide 24x7 On Call Support
Nice to Haves:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the following:
- Installing, configuring, and administering Windows 10
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues including Microsoft Office 365 products
- Basic network management (TCP/IP, Wireless, DNS, DHCP) including basic administration of various network devices
- Securities Solutions: Antivirus, Anti-malware and Anti-spam
- Degree or course training in Computer Science/Systems or related field
- Prior help desk/desktop support experience
- Self-starter with ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication/ownership of your work and an aptitude to see a problem through to solution
- Meticulous analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed
- Valid driver’s license
Need more reasons to work here?
- Experience with:
- Installing, configuring and administering Mac OS X
- Smartphone support – iPhone, Android, Windows
- Interactive projectors – SMART and Epson
- Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Google Apps
- Kaseya, Cisco VPN, Wasp, SLACK, Smartsheet
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.