You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Elementary Teaching Fellow
Role Description for the Teaching Fellow:The Teaching Fellow will report to and collaborate with the Assistant Principal in creating an environment that delivers quality instruction. At KIPP Change Academy, our Teaching Fellows serve as an important level of support for all students in the grade level. Teaching Fellows participate in a one or two-year program that builds the competencies and skills needed to become a lead teacher at KIPP Change Academy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2018-19 School Year
Subject: English Language Arts/Reading; Math
Grade: K; 4
Organization: KIPP Charlotte
1. Co-teach with lead teacher
2. Plan and support small-group instruction in the grade level
- Build relationships with the families and students in the homeroom classroom
- Track and enter data (homework, behavior, sight words/spelling words, etc.) for homeroom classroom
- Plan and teach guided reading groups
3. Manage grade-wide responsibilities and support grade level team
- Partner with the grade-level interventionist to create and pull small groups (whether advanced or remediation) in math, phonics, and interactive read-aloud
- Create differentiated plans and practice, when needed, for small groups by partnering with grade-level interventionist
Salary & BenefitsWe offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. KIPP Charlotte Regional Mission:
- Compile and copy grade-level homework packets
- Cover classrooms in the case of absence of a grade-level teacher
- Track and enter grade-level data as determined by the grade level team
- Collaborate with grade-level interventionist to plan and manage STEP and Quarterly Assessment schedule
The mission of KIPP Charlotte is to prepare all of our students to excel in the nation’s finest high schools and colleges by cultivating the habits of mind, character skills, and knowledge necessary for their success. We provide an education that will enable our students to lead full lives and empower our graduates to be the future leaders of Charlotte and agents of change in the world beyond. School Vision:
At KIPP Change Academy, we commit to developing the whole child through culturally responsive teaching that cultivates confidence and a positive self-identity. We believe that self-efficacy leads to creativity, risk taking, and critical thinking. Students will believe they can grow their character and intellect. These skills will provide our students the opportunity to make a profound impact in their community and world at large.